Purpose of committee
1. To consider and determine applications for the grant or variation of the following:
a) Premises Licenses, Personal Licences, Temporary Events Notices and Club Premises Certificates pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003 where relevant representations have been received;
b) Special treatment licenses in respect of premises within the borough where objections have been received;
c) Gaming permits, as defined by Schedule 9 (6) of the Gaming Act 1968, where objections have been received;
d) Small lotteries registration, where objections have been received;
e) Competitive bidding licenses, where objections have been received;
f) Pools promotion registration, where objections have been received.
g) Granting “hypnotism waivers” in accordance with Council policy.
h) Any other application which the Corporate Director, Environment and Culture considers should be referred to the Committee for determination
2. To consider and determine applications for revocation and/or review of any licences which fall to be determined by the Committee in accordance with paragraph 1 a) to h) above
3. To resolve not to issue a casino premises licence pursuant to section 166 Gambling Act 2005.
4. To determine fees and charges for the issue, approval, consent, license, permit or other registration for functions for which the Committee has responsibility.
5. To determine all aspects of licensing policy/procedure (excluding the determination of the Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy) and miscellaneous licensing matters, including the creation of Sub Committees for the purposes of the Licensing Act 2003.
6. To consider the Council’s statement of licensing policy.
- Councillor Carli Harper-Penman (Chair)
- Councillor Peter Golds (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Khales Uddin Ahmed
- Councillor Rajib Ahmed
- Councillor Lutfa Begum
- Councillor Mizan Chaudhury
- Councillor Marc Francis
- Councillor Sirajul Islam
- Councillor Denise Jones
- Councillor Gulam Robbani
- Councillor David Snowdon
- Councillor Amy Whitelock
- 3 Vacancies
Support officer: Simmi Yesmin, Democratic Services. Tel: 020 7364 4120, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org