Former Goodmans Fields, 74 Alie Street and Land North of Hooper Street and East of 99 Leman Street, Hooper Street, London E1(PA/11/03587)
Decision maker: Strategic Development Committee, Development Committee
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Update report tabled.
In considering the application, the Committee required that the following point be formally noted and recorded in the minutes:
- The Strategic Development Committee are to be kept informed of the progress in implementing the S106 agreement at the appropriate stages of the development.
On a vote of 4 for and 1 against, the Committee RESOLVED
(1) That planning permission be GRANTED for the hybrid planning application at Former Goodmans Fields, 74 Alie Street and Land North of Hooper Street and east of 99 Leman Street, Hooper Street, London, E1 for residential-led redevelopment of the site comprising:
(a) Outline Application - All matters reserved (except for access)
§ Development of North East (NE) and South East (SE) quadrants of the site to provide:
§ Podium blocks of between 7 - 10 storeys (max 46.075m AOD) with two towers on each podium block of between 19-23 storeys (max 85.425m AOD) and dwellings fronting Gower's Walk;
§ Up to 700 residential units (Use Class C3);
§ Up to 6,709 square metres (GIA) of flexible commercial and leisure floor space (Use Classes A1 - A5, B1a, D1 and D2) at ground floor level including a health centre (up to 1,581 square metres GIA);
§ Associated vehicular, pedestrian and cycle access;
§ At least 9,380 square metres of Public Open Space; and
§ Related infrastructure and engineering works.
(b) Full details
§ Development of the North West (NW) quadrant of the site to provide:
§ Podium block between 6-10 storeys (max 46.075 AOD) and two towers up to 19 Storeys (max 76.17m AOD) and 21 storeys (max 85.4m AOD);
§ 250 bedroom hotel (Use Class C1) including a restaurant (Use Class C3) at ground to sixth floor level;
§ 164 residential units (Use Class C3);
§ 841 square metre (GIA) ancillary gym and swimming pool at ground and first floor level for residents use;
§ 1,713 square metre (GIA) flexible commercial / leisure floorspace (Use Class A1 - A5, B1a and D2) at ground floor level;
§ 17, 778 square metre (GIA) basement level across the site to provide 253 car parking spaces, 35 motor cycle spaces, 50 electric car charge points, 1358 cycle parking spaces and ancillary facilities for storage, management facilities and plant;
§ Public Open Space to form part of the wider outline public open space strategy; and
§ Associated access, landscaping, surface car parking and cycle parking and related infrastructure and engineering works.
(2) That such planning permission be subject to any direction by the Mayor of London; the prior completion of a legal agreement to secure planning obligations and to the planning conditions and informatives as set out in the circulated report and amended by the update report Tabled at the meeting.
(3) That the Corporate Director Development and Renewal be delegated power to negotiate the legal agreement indicated above.
(4) That the Corporate Director Development & Renewal be delegated power to impose planning conditions and informatives on the planning permission to secure the matters listed in the circulated report.
(5) That, if within three months of the date of this Committee the legal agreement indicated in resolution (2) above has not been completed, the Corporate Director Development & Renewal be delegated power to refuse planning permission.
(6) That in the event of any responses being received relating to the outstanding Environmental Statement Consultation prior to the decision being issued, the Corporate Director Development and Renewal be delegated authority to assess if any such response raises issues which substantively exceed the nature of the Committee’s decision, subject to this not being the case the Corporate Director Development & Renewal be delegated authority to issue the decision.
Publication date: 19/03/2012
Date of decision: 15/03/2012
Decided at meeting: 15/03/2012 - Strategic Development Committee